Over the weekend, I attended a workshop at school in Sugar Grove, North Carolina where I learned about the NADA protocol. Basically, it's a type of acupuncture using only five needles in specific points in each ear to produce a relaxing, balancing effect. Although the treatment was first discovered to be successful with helping addicts overcome their need for marijuana and hard drugs when combined with some type of counseling, it has since been found to be useful in curbing other addictions such as smoking, alcoholism, gambling, and even shopping. Additionally, the NADA (National Acupuncture Detoxification Association) protocol is excellent for reducing stress, dealing with grief, and encouraging restful sleep (among many other things).
The workshop was held at the same time as the Doc Watson Music Festival in Sugar Grove, which is known for its bluegrass music. On Saturday, the attendees at the workshop including myself performed free treatments on festival-goers because in order to complete our certification we have to treat at least 40 people. I didn't quite make my 40, but I hope to make that number by my deadline in mid-August. So, if you're going to be in the area, be sure to stop by for a free acupuncture treatment from yours truly!
I'm enjoying my time off from school although it hardly seems like I've been away since I've been up to Sugar Grove twice in the last two weeks for an observation weekend and the NADA protocal workshop. But, I'm looking forward to a real break until mid-August. I've been working on several sewing projects for the baby including peepee teepees and some booties. Joe bought me a new sewing machine back in June, and I just can't seem to keep my hands from cutting out fabric and stitching it together.
Peepee teepees!! That is hilarious. I have a lot to learn before I become a mom.
ReplyDeleteMelissa Pabst