Friday, July 24, 2009

5th Wedding Anniversary!

Well, Joe and I are pleased as punch to say that we've been married five years! It's amazing how that amount of time can simultaneously feel like only a drop in the bucket and the bucket itself.

To celebrate, we went to dinner at Miro, a Spanish restaurant that is a favorite of ours near our house, and looked at our wedding album as we grazed on gazpacho, fried plantains, assorted tapas, chimichurri pork and steak.

After traveling home from New York on business, Joe surprised me with two HUGE bouquets of flowers. My attempts to put them all into one arrangement just didn't do them justice, so I broke them out into three vases to spread around the house.


Both bouquets of flowers. . .
Arrangement #1: Kitchen Table

Arrangement #2: Stairway Landing

Arrangement #3: My Workroom

We have received many beautiful cards and well wishes from friends and family including a beautiful bouquet of calla lilies (the flower I carried in my wedding) from Momma and Daddy.

It was a great anniversary, and we look forward to another year. Anybody up for baby-sitting the Who this time next year? :-)

1 comment:

  1. 5 years....wow. I thought our 5 years flashed by and yet your 5 years is now here too. Congrats! I so wish we could find time in our schedules to get together before you enter parenthood but I don't think that's going to be the case. Anywho....congrats!!! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete