Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Quest to Complete the Nursery Begins!

So, I FINALLY motivated Joe to move his office downstairs. Basically, for the last nearly four years that we've lived in our house in Charlotte, my office occupied a room on the first floor while Joe used our third bedroom for his office. It just happens that this room is just down the hall from our bedroom and is right across the hall from the laundry room, so it was a no-brainer to be the nursery. Of course, Joe agreed, but getting him to move all his gudge downstairs became a matter of some urgency when we looked at each other a couple of weeks ago and realized how quickly we were moving through the second trimester!

I'm sitting in the nursery, or rather, what will soon be the nursery, writing this post. I made some valances for the windows yesterday afternoon. What fun getting to make a pattern, cut fabric, and sew again! I always forget how much I love creating something functional and decorative out of a swath of material and some thread.

We're going with a neutral theme in the baby's room as we don't yet know what we're having. So far, we have a bright, pretty, green fabric at the windows; some pre-batted and pre-quilted fabric for tie-on cushions on the rocking chair; and some fabric blocks of Peter Rabbit characters that will be matted and framed for decoration on the walls. Be on the lookout for some pictures once I get everything pulled together!

Next on the agenda for the nursery: 1) stretch and clean the carpets; 2) bring up the Grandpa dresser from the garage (it's going to double as a changing table); and 3) purchase and assemble the crib.

I should post this and go back to studying some more for my finals. It's hard for me to believe that I'm wrapping up my first year of acupuncture studies already.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you got things up and running! Email or call me if you have any questions...I'm full of useless blog knowledge! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad that you were able to visit my blog. It's been lots of fun putting this together, and I think I'm FINALLY going to satisfy my family's need to "see me more often."

    ReplyDelete